SUCCESS CAMPS: 7/22 – 8/1 8AM-3:30PM Please enroll by Friday, May 24.
- “ProPhone & the Environment” Success Camp: This camp is available to incoming 10th grade students. The focus areas include student investigations in experimental design and analysis, soil and water testing, topographical maps, biodiversity, population growth, data collection and mathematical analysis. This opportunity will provide for a fun and relaxing environment with a challenging curriculum that includes extensive teacher support. This curriculum will strengthen student’s mathematics and science skills while promoting a deep conceptual learning experience. The lessons will incorporate real world problem solving activities, promote student growth in critical-thinking skills, while students have fun in a positive learning environment.
- Ridgewood Success 10th grade Camp
For more information on summer opportunities, please contact Mrs. Stark, Assistant Principal.
ADVANCED PLACEMENT BOOT CAMP 8/6 9AM-3PM Please enroll by June 4.
All students taking Advanced Placement courses next year should enlist in our AP Summer Boot Camp – applications due to Mrs. Leary by June 4. Attending the boot camp will be in lieu of completing the RHS AP Summer Assignment.
We are excited to have your child in the Advanced Placement Program next year. College-level courses will prepare them for the next stage of life. Like you, we are committed to preparing your child for the future.
The goal of AP Boot Camp is for your child to discuss and develop the skills they will need for success in high school, in college, and beyond. This program is for students that have taken numerous AP courses, as well as those who are just starting out. The Boot Camp is not about learning academic content, but developing those attributes that will guarantee success while having fun and building relationships. In addition, this event will allow students to establish bonds with their peers that will promote solidarity in the classroom.
AP Boot Camp is NOT a military recruitment event or a highly physical endeavor. The boot camp theme is simply a fun way to get students excited about demonstrating their skills. The AP Boot Camp is free; however we are asking for a $5 donation to help off set the costs of running this workshop (snacks, pizza).
2013 AP Boot Camp Brochure_Registration
RAM UNIVERSITY – 9th Grade Orientation 8/8 8:30AM-3PM Highly Recommended!
The annual RAM U Summer Orientation will be held on August 8, 2013 from 8:30AM-3PM on the Ridgewood High School campus. The Summer Orientation is a one-day program that is essential to starting each freshman student out on the right hoof. Representatives from vital areas of RHS will be in attendance to explain their departments, programs, and clubs. Student Orientation Leaders known as Mentors will be on hand to lead student groups through team building initiatives and important freshman activities. Administration and counselors will be in attendance to reinforce high school requirements and expectations.
All activities during the RAM U Summer Orientation are free to incoming freshmen, including breakfast and lunch! Only students who attend August 8th for the entire day will receive their class schedule before the first day of school. More information will be provided in the upcoming June/July newsletter and on the RHS website.
SUMMER ORIENTATION HIGHLIGHTS
- Scavenger Hunt
- I’m in High School. . . Now What?
- Starting Out on the Right Hoof – Academic Success
- Technology & High School Success
- Number Crunching: What a 0 Does to Your GPA
- Getting Involved: Building a High School Resume
- 9th Grade Registration – Get Your Schedule, Pay Fees, Locker, Find Your Classes, Meet Your Teachers!